Date : 20-21 October 2011
Venue : Raffles City Convention Centre
The workshop on Complexity Methods will be held on 20 – 21 October 2011 at the Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore. Organized by the Complexity Program Office at NTU, the workshop will be held under the umbrella of the Singapore Foresight Week 2011, and in conjunction with the 4th International Risk and Horizon Scanning Symposium (IRAHSS 2011) organised by the National Security Coordination Secretariat (NSCS) and the Foresight Conference organised by the Centre for Strategic Futures.
The workshop on Complexity Methods will be an update on the state of the art in complexity. About 50 participants from the local and international community are expected at the by-invitation-only workshop. Invited speakers at the workshop include:
• Professor John Holland, University of Michigan.
• Professor Rob Axtell, George Mason University and Santa Fe Institute.
• Professor Han Jing, Chinese Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science
• Professor Chris Barrett, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Computer Science, Virginia Tech.
• Professor Peter Sloot, University of Amsterdam.